Evergreen Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an antioxidant which may strengthen the immune system. It is needed for the growth and repairs of tissues, the formation of collagen, the healing of wounds, and may also protect blood vessels. Evergreen Vitamin C may also help improve the absorption of iron, when taken at the same time.
Evergreen Vitamin C is recommended for the following:
- To treat vitamin C deficiency (scurvy)
- To increase resistance during colds (colds, chills, influenza) and when having a fever
- To meet increased vitamin C requirements: fatigue, loss of appetite, weakness, tiredness, and exhaustion
- During the time of convalescence after diseases, injuries and operations
- During pregnancy and lactation
- When applying orally administered iron preparation to increase iron absorption